Glasgow Museum of Transport
The Glasgow Museum of Transport was established in 1964 and it was relocated to Glasgow Harbour, opening as the Riverside Museum in 2011. The winner of the 2013 European Museum of the Year Award, the Riverside Museum is expected to attract up to 1 million visitors per year.
Housing the worlds oldest surviving pedal cycle and the worlds leading collection of Scottish built cars and tricks, the museum also recaptures the atmosphere of 1930’s Glasgow with a reconstructed ‘Kelvin Street’, complete with a pre-1977 full size Glasgow Subway station and Regal Cinema replica. In recent years, the city has also acquired a number of steam locomotives and the L.S. Lowry painting ‘Cranes and Ships, Glasgow Docks’, both of which are now on display in the Riverside Museum.