Aberdeen may be nicknamed ‘The Granite City’, but it’s actually one of the few cities to have a beautiful sandy beach just a few minutes’ walk from the city centre! Whether you’re here on business or enjoying a weekend away, allow Dreamhouse to suggest some top places to relax, dine and discover the true Aberdeen.
Explore Aberdeen’s attractions
Aberdeen, a cosmopolitan city steeped in history, is home to a number of fascinating museums, spectacular buildings and an impressive shopping scene. Dreamhouse would recommend:
- Explore the floral paradise of the David Welch Winter Gardens at Duthie Park. These stunning gardens are the third most visited in Europe.
- Step into Aberdeen’s history with a trip to the Tolbooth Museum. Not only is this one of Aberdeen’s oldest buildings, it is one of Scotland’s best-preserved 17th century gaols.
- Shop ‘till you drop on the ‘Granite Mile’. Aberdeen’s Union Street has over 800 shops, restaurants and bars – that’s quite the shopping spree!
Enjoy exquisite dining
One of the great things about serviced apartments is the freedom – the freedom to cook in your private kitchen if you wish, and to come and go as you please without the restrictions of hotel living. If you do wish to venture out and treat yourself, Aberdeen offers a range of places to enjoy superb food.
- Take a trip around the world with a stunning business lunch at Moonfish Café. This wonderful gem is situated in central Aberdeen and the dishes served are inspired by the restaurant owner’s worldwide travels.
- Musa is the ideal choice for an exquisite Friday night dinner, putting a unique twist on traditional Scottish dishes in an unusual environment; a combination of live music venue, restaurant and art gallery.
- For a hearty breakfast, a delicious brunch or an indulgent afternoon tea, Cup Café offers a range of delights including a vast selection of teas in a quirky café environment.
Relax in Aberdeen’s top bars
To experience cosmopolitan Aberdeen, a trip to the West End is an absolute must! With a selection of trendy bars, it’s time to sit back and enjoy a taste of the high life. Central Aberdeen is home to some award winning pubs if you’re more into a traditional evening of craft ale.
- Dusk, situated in the heart of the West End, takes cocktails seriously. They also offer fine ales and boutique spirits in a stylish lounge setting.
- The Illicit Still, situated in the heart of Aberdeen’s centre, offers budget-friendly casual dining and quality ales in a unique, laid-back environment.
- If you fancy a wee dram, The Grill has a selection of over 600 whiskies. All of these, alongside fine cask ales and a variety of rum, gin and wine, can be enjoyed in the casual environment of one of Aberdeen’s oldest pubs.
Searching for your Aberdeen home away from home? Dreamhouse have apartments in Aberdeen City North and Aberdeen Holburn Street. If you have any queries at all, get in touch.
Follow us on