The ancestral home of the Maxwell family, Pollok House, which is located in Pollok Country Park was designed by William Adam and was built in 1752. In 1966 the estate was gifted to the City of Glasgow by Mrs Anne Maxwell Macdonald after being owned by her family for almost 700 years. Pollok House and its extensive collections of mainly Spanish Art, as well as glass, silverware, porcelain and antique furniture can now be viewed by the public through the National Trust for Scotland.
A shuttle bus service runs between Pollok House and the Burrell Collection which are situated around a 10 minute walk from each other.
Pollok Country Park
2060 Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow, G43 1AT
Phone: 0141 616 6410
Opening times: Daily from 10am to 5pm.